Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A New Adventure

Hello everyone! I have decided to make a blog to keep all my family and friends
updated on my life, but more specifically my time in Switzerland. In this blog I
will be posting about my life in Switzerland, the miracles God will be doing,
the transformation I will be seeing and feeling, prayer requests, and my financial
situation for all my wonderful supporters! I want this blog to be about renewal
and transformation. A lot will change during my time abroad, that I'm sure of.
So stay tuned as I write to you all about what God is doing in my life in the land of
the Swiss!

Oh wow here I am so close to embarking on a new step in my life I can hardly
contain my excitement! Very soon I will be on my way to Switzerland to start a
new chapter in my life. Wow God is so faithful! I have had missions on my heart
for awhile and through Youth With a Mission I will be able to fully commit my life
to making his love known. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Youth With
a Mission (I'll be referring to it as it is most commonly known as YWAM in future
posts!) it is basically a world wide organization committed to knowing God and
making Him known. The first step to joining YWAM is to do a Discipleship Training
School (also, usually referred to as a DTS) which brings us back to me going to
Switzerland! Nice little wrap around eh? So here it is, in just 39 days I'll be on my
way to do my DTS in Lausanne, Switzerland! Crazy huh?! I'll be in Switzerland for
the first part of my DTS, known as the lecture phase. For the first three months
I'll be living in a chalet with other students from all around the world. During
this time I'll be living out the first part of YWAM's motto--"knowing God." I'll be
taught by teachers and my peers how to build an intimate relationship with God,
develop personal character, and lead a lifestyle of expressing God's love to others.
After the first three months are over my team and I will leave for the second portion
of the DTS known as outreach. During this time we'll be "making God known."
The exact location for this second half will be determined during the lecture phase.
Phew so there it is! If this is confusing to anyone or if anybody has any questions
about what I'll be doing leave a comment! I would love to answer any questions you
might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment