Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Togo In 6 Days!


My Togo Team!
From the left: Bethany (staff) Max, James, Michelle (staff) Bethany, Stephanie, Sally


I can't believe the outreach portion of my DTS is already almost here! As I mentioned in the title I'll be leaving for Togo in just 6 days! Time most definitely flies by when your having fun, because my lecture phase has most definitely flown by. I have learned so much and made so many amazing friends in these ten weeks! I'll get right to the nitty gritty so you all can be more informed. This Tuesday (14th) I'll be leaving the base or as I've come to call it my home, and I'll be flying to Togo for 7 weeks. We'll start off in the capital city of Lomé, from there we'll voyage North to the towns of Agou – Nyogbo, and Kpalimé. In Kpalimé we'll be spending Christmas! This is also the town that one of my roommates is from. Her parents are the YWAM base leaders in this town, so I'll get to spend Christmas with her family! Next we'll be traveling to the town of Kara! Here we have the privilege to teach a computer course for the locals. The computer course was created with the intention of teaching basic computer skills to the locals but also as a way to share the gospel. Our idea is to invite people from the local churches and ask them to bring a friend who is not a christian. We'll have time for computer training then a time for giving testimonies and sharing the gospel. After our time in Kara we'll head further up North to a town called Tamberma. In Togo the further up north you go the more indigenous the area is, therefore Tamberma will be the most indigenous town yet. In all the locations we'll have plenty of opportunities to preach in churches, teach in schools, minister in hospitals as well as prisons, and plenty of street ministry to boot. In the past few weeks my team and I have been prayerfully preparing for this time and I'm so excited to see all God is going to do! If you have any questions about my trip to Togo feel free to send me a message!

Sadly I won't be able to write any updates in Togo. Instead, any message that my team sends out to our families, will be copied and pasted on here by someone!

Lastly, if you feel led to support me financially, I still need $900 to complete my tuition payments. Any financial or prayer support, (or both!) would be greatly appreciated! If you would like to support me financially refer to my past blog posts for more info! Thank you everybody for supporting me throughout my time in Switzerland and in Togo!

Blessings,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment